What video projects are you working on currently?
- I'm filming for the Nike movie Never Not and our Sexual snowboarding movie DTF.
What exactly is "pepping?"
- It's being pumped and stoked at the same time hehe, something like that.
Growing up in Iceland, what was your childhood like? What things were you into before you found snowboarding?
- Pretty normal, hanging out with friends doing all the classic stupid stuff, then when I turned 8 years old I started skating, and then when I was 9 I started snowboarding.
I've seen that you're now wearing Nike goggles, any info you can share on those?
-Not much info yet!, but the goggles and sunglasses are looking sick, and I'm really stoked to be a part of that program.
How much of a role did you have in designing Switchback bindings?
- Me and Eiki tested the prototype bindings one year before they came to stores and told them what had to be changed and made stronger...so that was pretty much our role, then I designed my whole promodel binding with the wing on the highback.
What types of music have you been into as of late? Have you been out to see any bands/shows recently?
- Went to see Megadeth in London, that was sick, but then I'm just listening to pretty much everything...
Outside of snowboarding, what types of things might we find you doing on a regular basis?
- Skating, chilling, partying , thats pretty much all I do.
Are there any other new companies/projects you have in the works that you can share with us?
- Nothing that I can tell you about...
Before becoming a professional snowboarder, did you ever work a normal type of job?
- Yeah, I was a construction worker for one summer when I was 16, and I'm stoked to have done that because now I know how lucky I am to be able to have snowboarding as my job...
What are some of your goals you want to achieve at this point in life?
- Live and have as much fun as possible.
Let's wrap this up, any closing comments or shout outs?
-Keep snowboarding real!
Photos: petterfoshaug.com for hoppipolla headwear