The tarantula above has absolutely nothing to do with SIA. I just have the picture on my phone because I saw it in a pet store yesterday while out shopping with my wife.
I'm not going to lie. I haven't been able to go out to ride once this year. I love snowboarding to death and back, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm the father of two little munchkins and a husband to an awesome wife, and money doesn't stretch as far as it used to. I know I'll get to eventually go ride this season, it's just taking some time to make it happen. Next year will be a different story I'm hoping, but that's next year. Which is what I'm looking at when I see all of the SIA galleries from over this weekend. So many products, so many awesome, innovative, pretty snowboard products that make my mouth water. From what I've seen so far I'm stoked on quite a few things. I'll try to list what comes to mind at the moment.
- Gnu's Jamie Anderson pro model with artwork by Jamie Lynn. I wish I was the opposite gender so I could ride this beautiful board.
- 686's outerwear is looking extremely nice. They've always produced quality, comfortable, functional outerwear. They have my support.
- Van's boots are back. I don't know exactly what was up with last season and their troubles with production causing them to axe their boot line for the season, but they're back and look good.
- 32 Boots and theirs Jeremy Jones boot. This boot looks insane and although it's probably more than I need in a boot, I want to hold one and check it out in person.
- Arbor Snowboards. They've aways produced beautiful snowboards but for next year they're really stepping up their game. On top of adding some heavy hitters to their team (Iguchi, April), their boards are looking on point as ever. Want.
- Yes "The Greats" series of boards. These boards stand out to me every year for the sole fact that they pay homage to many of the riders I've always looked up to myself. For next season they hit the nail on the head with the almighty John Cardiel, Noah Salasnek, Todd Richards, and Shaun Palmer.
Honestly, there's way too many things for me to keep listing. Overall, there's more products that look incredible than don't. I'm looking forward to making some key purchases next year and actually making sure I have the opportunities to go use them as much as possible.